Spring is finally here (yay!) and I for one am glad to be trading in my heavy clothing for lighter fabrics and colors. However, this also means a switch to your skincare routine! Opt for lighter products that don’t weigh down the skin and can show off that warm weather glow. Here is my current spring skin cleanse routine:
- CLEANSE: I’ve been using First Aid Beauty’s Face Cleanser which is gentle enough to make it great for all skin types. Another favorite is Fresh’s Soy Face Cleanser, an extra gentle gel cleanser for all skin types (and smells great!)
- TONE: In current rotation is Darphin’s INTRAL Toner (LOVE Darphin!) good for sensitive skin, this soothing toner with Polysaccharide, Chamomile and Howthorn extracts, tones and refreshes skin as it completes the cleansing process
- EXFOLIATE: Ok there is really nothing better on the market that I have come across than M-61’s Power Glow Peels. A 1-minute, 1-step exfoliating peel that resurfaces, clarifies and helps to firm the skin for a radiant, renewed glow. The reviews speak for themselves. This stuff is a lifesaver! I only use it once/week as it’s pretty pricey but it gives my skin the perfect pick me up and helps makeup go on effortlessly. I also make sure to bring one along anytime I travel.
- HYDRATING MASK: Fresh is one of my favorite skin care lines and this Rose Face Mask is no exception. A unique gel formula infused with real rose petals (see picture below) and pure rosewater that hydrates and tones the complexion.
- SERUM: I’ve been trying Skinceuticals Hydrating B5 Gel recently and I definitely like it! It’s moisturizing without being too heavy as I’ve noticed with some serums. One of my all time favorites however is M-61’s Hydraboost Serum – super hydrating, great for warmer weather and I can definitely tell a difference in my skin’s complexion when I use this product.
- EYE CREAM: Darphin’s Stimulskin Plus Divine Eye Cream. Ok, not gonna lie – I’ve only used a sample of this (as pictured) because this is expensive stuff, BUT it is definitely worth the price! I tend to get dry under my eyes and this hydrates nicely and has anti-aging properties to help with the beginning of those fine lines.
- MOISTURIZE: I’ve recently switched to Darphin’s Hydraskin Light Gel Cream. I bought it based off the great reviews and because this is a product designed specifically for warmer weather – gel based, not cream. I like it so far! The smell is not my favorite but it definitely hydrates without being too heavy for these warmer months.
Anyways, that’s my current spring routine! Let me know in the comments whether you’ve used/enjoyed these products as well or if you have other spring favorites I should check out!